basic life support
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
The BLS for Healthcare Providers
course is designed to provide a wide variety of certified or noncertified, licensed or non-licensed, healthcare professionals with the skills to keep people alive until they can be brought to a hospital or be treated with more advanced lifesaving measures.
BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
- Adult and pediatric CPR
- Two-rescuer scenarios and use of the bag-valve mask
- Foreign-body airway obstruction (conscious and unconscious)
- Automated external defibrillation (includes child AED update)
- Special resuscitation situations other cardiopulmonary emergencies stroke and cardiac arrest Management of Choking victim
who is the course for?
BLS training is intended for certified or noncertified, licensed or non-licensed, healthcare professionals, including
- Rig / Vessel Physicians,
- Nurses paramedics Medical Laboratory Scientist
- emergency medical technicians respiratory, physical, and
- occupational therapists
- physician’s assistants
- medical or nursing students in training aides
- medical or nursing assistants, other allied health personnel
In addition, BLS training can be appropriate for first responders, such as company/corporate drivers, police officers and firefighters, engineers, rig workers, factory workers, workers in construction / production units of heavy duty equipment, as well as for laypeople whose work brings them into contact with members of the public, such as school, fitness center, or hotel and restaurant employees.
Students must pass a written exam and skills test in order to qualify for a BLS for Healthcare Provider Course Completion Card.
Classroom format-Course length is approximately One day (8 hours)