HeartCode® PALS Part 1
This is a Web-based, self-paced instructional program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat children and infants in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning. The eSimulation technology allows students to participate in realistic patient scenarios, assess patients, and formulate treatment online and at their own pace.
This eSimulation program presents 12 interactive, children/infants, in-hospital cases to teach the Paediatric Advanced Life Support treatment algorithms. There is a pre-course assessment on rhythms recognition and PALS drug usage. In addition, there is also an online written test that has to be passed with at least 84% score.
Course participants who successfully complete Part 1 receive a certificate granting them entrance to a skills practice session (Part 2) and skills test (Part 3) with us. Upon successful completion of the cognitive and skills drill and tests, students receive a course completion card. The skills drills and test usually take about 2-3 hours.
For successful course completion, AHA PALS Blended course has three (3) parts:
- Part 1: online cognitive lessons—anytime and anywhere with computer access- 10-12 hours
- Part 2: hands-on skills practice + Part 3: hands-on skills testing – 2-3 hours
To be successful in any PALS course, students should be able to identify ECG rhythms and should know pharmacology specific to cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiopulmonary emergencies before beginning the course. It is strongly recommended that students review the PALS course materials contained within the program and complete the pre-course Self-Assessment prior to attempting the patient cases.To register for AHA PALS Blended course, please place your order online at our website-www.aeglobalrescue.com or make CALL 0811-111-2311.
After payment the online keycode/course key and instructions on how to log-in and register for the HeartCode® PALS Part 1 at http://aeglobalrescue.myonlineaha.org will be send to your email ( please supply a functional e-mail during registration) usually within 1 business day. If you do not receive an e-mail within 2 working days, please write email@example.com or call +234-811-111-2311.
Course participants who successfully complete Part 1 (including the written online exam) and have printed out their certificate should write firstname.lastname@example.org or call +234-811-111-2311 or go to our website book for a skills practice session (Part 2) and skills test (Part 3).
After passing the skill test AHA PALS Card will be issued to you same day.
Special features of the online course
- Debriefing and coaching immediately after each simulation, with hyperlinks to the referenced section of the Paediatric advance Life Support (PALS) For Healthcare Providers Student Manual
- A written exam that immediately identifies incorrect answers and provides a hyperlink to the appropriate section of the Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Providers Student Manual
- eSimulation technology presenting 12 interactive hospital-based patient scenarios:
- 2 airway obstruction cases
- 4 shock cases: hypovolemic, distributive, obstructive, and cardiogenic
- disordered control of breathing
- lung tissue disease
- narrow complex tachycardia
- a team dynamics lesson that teaches basic team principles and how to integrate these principles in a simulated code
- access to online versions of:
- the Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider Manual
(item no. EC90-1052)
- the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines For CPR And ECC
(item no. EC90-1040)
- the 2010 Handbook Of Emergency Cardiovascular Care For Healthcare Providers (item no. EC90-1000)
- a precourse self-assessment to evaluate learner’s ability to integrate both rhythm interpretation and use of pharmacologic agents
- debriefing of correct and incorrect actions for instant feedback on strengths and weaknesses, with suggestions for improvement
- Access to Printable:
- Printable PALS Providers Pocket Reference Card
- Printable document on how to complete patient cases
- Printable overview of the program’s various action buttons
Also Note that:
1. You will have access to all information in the online course for 24 months following activation of the course key.
2. Parts 2 and 3 should be completed in one skills practice and testing session.
3. The skills practice session (Part 2) and skills test (Part 3) done within 60 days of completion of the cognitive online portion (Part 1).
4. No hard copy Student (Provider) Manual will be given!
5. You will need Computer with good Internet access!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does this course include access to the Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider Manual?
A: Yes, this course includes online access to the Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider Manual (item no. EC90-1052), as well as the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines For CPR And ECC (item no. EC90-1040) and the 2010 Handbook Of Emergency Cardiovascular Care For Healthcare Providers (item no. EC90-1000).
Q: How long can students access the information in this online course?
A: Once a student activates his or her course key, the student can access the course information for 24 months.
Q: Is this course compatible with Mac computers?
A: Yes, the program can be accessed on a Mac using Firefox as the browser.
Q: Does this course qualify for CEUs /CPD?
A: Yes, the course is eligible for continuing education credit for physicians, nurses, and EMS providers